Outstanding Speech Therapist needed for field-based positions servicing: Alameda and Contra Costa Counties. Our office is based in Orinda and we are looking for the right persons to join our Case Management Team. No relocation expenses available.
ACE Home Health & Hospice is a locally owned and operated agency. We are growing and are seeking talented and compassionate professionals that want to make a difference in the lives of their clients.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Conducts appropriate evaluations, assesses home environment (as appropriate), identifies equipment needs relative to speech/language function.
- Identifies functional speech defects and establishes a plan of care to improve patient’s function.
- Administers speech therapy program utilizing specialized therapeutic technique and/or equipment.
- Recommends communication devices/aids as indicated.
- Confers with referring physician and other organization personnel to ensure coordinated and comprehensive care contributes to the total plan of care.
- As appropriate, participates in case conferences, in-services and other meetings required to ensure coordinated and comprehensive care.
- Prepares and submits notes per organization policy.
- Maintains clinical competency in speech language pathology practice and theory.
- Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other services and refers as appropriate.
- Instructs patient, family/caregiver and other Organization health care personnel in the patient’s treatment regime as indicated.
- May supervise home health aide in procedures directly related to the speech–language therapy plan of care.
- Performs other duties as required to facilitate the delivery of speech language pathology services.
- Possesses a degree that includes an internship from an approved Master’s program in Speech–Language Pathology, or as required by applicable law and/or regulation.
- Meets the education and experience requirements for a Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech–Language Pathology, granted by the American Speech–Language–Hearing Association (ASHA).
- Is certified to practice Speech–Language Pathology.
- A minimum of one (1) year’s clinical experience in Speech–Language Pathology.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
- Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.